I'm a mystic, spiritual teacher & spiritual healer, and multidisciplinary R&D & consulting scientist-engineer. I have a Master's degree in the sciences. I'm also a sungazer. In scientific realm, I work in both mainstream science & forbidden science ("strange science"). Lotsa experience w/16S rRNA genomic sequencing to identify microbiota in pricey high-end fermented nutritional supplemements.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Article in Spanish Magazine Mas Alla de la Ciencia Quotes Me and My Sungazing Website

Hi folks:

Just a minor heads up: A high-end glossy newsstand magazine in Spain called "Mas Alla"; (full title is "Mas Alla de la Sciencia"; it is claimed to be the premiere high-end magazine in the world for coverage of the paranormal, the occult, scientific mysteries and "lost secrets of the ages") has a 5 page article on sungazing (entitled "El Yoga Solar") in its current print issue, #246. The cover has a black background with a pic shows an airline pilot with tape over his mouth, and the magazine seems to be available only in the Spanish language (and apparently also in Portugese.) You may find the magazine's main website at http://www.masalladelaciencia.es/ but be forewarned that the site does not seem to display current issues of its mags, nor articles from them, and the site is written entirely in Spanish.

The article mentions several persons from the sungazing world, including me, and reproduces a lengthy quote, with credits, from my sungazing website; the article also links to my sungazing site in its Resources section. The article also sports a photo of me sitting with my two geese, Filomena and Georgette. The geese look very cute!

One really nice feature about the article, from my viewpoint and that of some other serious long-term sungazers, is that it largely ignores the fanatical fundamentalist religious promoters, largely from India, who have emerged on the sungazing scene, and also ignores their exaggerated and grandiose -- and highly misleading -- claims about the benefits of sungazing. I offer my congratulations to the author of the article for her sanity, sobriety and ability to stay grounded while writing about such a hyped topic!

with care,
--Vinny

No comments:

Post a Comment